MOCAM Overview: American Board of Pediatrics
Organizations other than the ABP may develop and sponsor activities that meet the ABP requirements for Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Part 2 or Part 4. This site is for those organizations that seek ABP approval of their activities to qualify for MOC credit. There are two approaches:
- Organizations can seek approval for individual activities such as a Part 2 Self-assessment; a Part 4 Web-based activities; or Part 4 QI Project
- An Organization can become a Portfolio Sponsor if they are developing and managing multiple Part 4 QI Projects
This site does not provide information on individual physician MOC requirements for activities in which your physicians may participate to earn MOC credits. For this information please go to ABP’s Maintenance of Certification information.
This site has two purposes:
- Provide information for those organizations interested in applying for ABP approval of an activity for MOC credit and
- Provide a website for Organizations that have already received approval to electronically manage their applications, activities and programs for MOC Part 2 and Part 4 credit
Project Sponsor Organizations and Portfolio Sponsors
|Project Sponsor Organization||Portfolio Sponsor Organization|
|Applies for MOC approval of one project at a time||Reviews QI projects internally against ABP standards|
|Has project-level management and oversight in place||Has centralized management and oversight of many projects|
Project Sponsor Organizations
- Originate and manage specific individual activities that meet the requirements for MOC:
- Part 2 Self-assessment
- Part 4 Web-based Activities or
- Part 4 Quality Improvement Projects
- Must get each activity approved by the ABP review committee.
Portfolio Sponsors have greater responsibility. They:
- Originate and manage multiple Quality Improvement (QI) projects that meet the requirements for MOC Part 4 (organizations currently cannot be a Portfolio Sponsor for Part 2 Self-assessments or Part 4 Web-based activities)
- Develop and run a large number of QI projects that are managed centrally through an established infrastructure and overseen by a formal governance body
- Agree to establish an internal project review committee using ABP standards
- Can approve projects without having to submit an individual application for each project
- Agree to resolve any disputes internally
- Agree to submit a periodic progress report
To further investigate the characteristics of these two types of organizations, follow the navigation links in the main menu above.
What is Your Organization's Status?
If you are new to this site and interested in seeking approval for your activities for MOC credit , you may want to explore the information, download the Standards information or download the application forms.
If you need help deciding how to access the site, here are some guidelines.
If your organization would like to become a designated Sponsor or Portfolio Sponsor and you are new to this site:
- Read the information on this site
- Register as a New User to complete an application(s)
If your organization is already a designated Sponsor Organization or Portfolio Sponsor and you are new to this site:
- Read the information on this site relating to your designation
- Register as a New User to complete an application or access activities
Log In or Register
Note: To complete and submit an application, you must register and/or login to the MOCAM site.